October 07, 2007

"Elk-ing"

.
Last year Brian and I took my family up the mountain where he guides and we listened for elk, watched for wildlife, enjoyed the fall colors, and just had a great time. We had so much fun, we did it again this year. We packed some sandwiches and loaded in the truck. Mom and the girls and I filled the bed of the truck with foam pads and blankets while Brian and my dad were in the cab. Brian was our tour guide and pointed out some wildlife.

Brian brought his gun and deer tag on our little trip and at one point we all thought we would be witnesses to his kill shot and have to pack a deer home! That didn't happen though, thank goodness.
.
We had a fun time on the mountain and we were able to hear some moose calling, coyotes howling, saw some deer, and had lots of laughs. I love this tradition! My sister called it "elk-ing" because we were on the lookout for some big bull elk!

No comments: