May 22, 2008

Girls Weekend

I can't believe I haven't posted about this yet...

My youngest sister was called to sing in the choir at the general Young Women's conference in SLC. What an amazing experience for her - and for us that got to go watch and listen. All the girls in the choir looked so beautiful in their pinks and yellows (I found the picture above on the internet). I loved seeing the Young Women colors proudly displayed outside (and inside) the conference center, welcoming the youth and their leaders and mothers. It was such a spiritual and moving evening. When the new prophet, Pres. Thomas S. Monson, and his counselors entered the building and we all stood there the most most beautiful and comforting spirit entered with them. The messages that were shared that night really touched my heart and the music was absolutely beautiful. We didn't want to leave the building when it was over. We just lingered and let all the warm fuzzies envelop our bodies. It was a very special night. I am so proud of Holly for living such a righteous life, that she was called to be a part of such an incredible program.

Mom was a babe and got us a hotel room at the Marriott so we could change after the conference and continue with our adventures! She is such a great mom! I don't know what happened to the picture I took of all our treats in our hotel room. I may have mentioned this before but mom always packs treats when we go on a little vacation or road trip, no matter how long we'll be gone. I don't have one memory of us staying in a hotel that doesn't include crackers and that canned cheese whiz, peachies and licorice! Love it! After we changed out of dresses and pigged out on sugar we walked to PF Changs for dinner! I LOVE LOVE this place!! We ended our night by renting a movie in our hotel room! It was perfect! I couldn't ask for a better mom or better sisters. We have so much fun together and I love every minute I get to spend with them. It was a great night...the next morning we ate too much at the fantastic breakfast buffet at the hotel then slowly made our way home. I can't wait for our next outing!

1 comment:

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

What a fun weekend!