May 05, 2008

Sleeping in Seattle

SEATTLELast weekend Brian and I went on a little vacation to Seattle, WA. I LOVED this city! We flew in late Friday night and had all day Saturday, Sunday and Monday then flew home Tuesday morning. We really only spent one day in downtown Seattle and the rest of the time we cruised the beautiful country in a rental car. I could have spent a few more days in downtown Seattle because there was SO much to see and do.

Saturday we went on a land & water tour of the city in a "duck!" It was a blast and a great was to see the city and Lake Union. I love learning little tidbits about places! This helped us get an idea of where things were located too and we made a list of things to see and do as we cruised. We had seafood on the pier, went to the Seattle Aquarim and walked around.... Pikes Market (see below). I LOVED Pikes Market! All the fresh produce, fun shops and fresh fish. It was fun watching them throw fish there too.




The next day we took our rental car for a cruise and headed up to a place called Everett to go on a whale watching adventure. The weather was a bit dreary but we didn't get rained on. The whale watching was real fun and we made a few friends too! I'd like to go back one day and see the Orca whales when they are migrating.


(This is right by where we got on the boat to go whale watching. I thought it was neat, all the sail boats docked)

After our whale watching adventure we headed up to the Skagit Valley Tulip festival. These photos do NOT even do it justice! It was AMAZING! Tulips and daffodils as far as the eye could see! The colors were so vibrant too. It was so beautiful and I just smiled as we walked around. It was fun seeing so many different people of all races and ages enjoying the beauty and trying to capture it on film.




The next day we did some driving and we went to Mt. Rainer. It was still covered in several feet of snow and so were some of the roads so we didn't get to0 far or get to see too much of the mountian. We took our time driving through lots of fun little towns with old barns, big fields, beautiful yards, little shops...it was so fun. We stopped at Snoqualmie Falls and then at a fun little diner for dinner before heading back to the city. It was by far our most beautiful drive and I didn't have my camera! Actually, I had the camera but left the battery charging in hotel. I was so mad. So, you'll just have to try and paint you own picture of the lush, green, thick, beautiful country.
.
I am SO thankful we had the opportunity to travel to Seattle. I think that it is amazing that we are able to just catch a plane or drive to where ever we want (money permitting of course) and see the world! There are so many more places I'd love to explore and I hope to make it to all those places one day. I feel so blessed to be able to experience so many things and be surrounded by such beauty! I especially love that I have such a great husband to share all this with and go on adventures with. I love life!


6 comments:

The DeVito's said...

Sounds like you had a great time! If ever you get the chance, you need to go to Victoria, B.C. You can take a boat from Seattle, or drive up around the peninsula and take a boat from Port Angeles. It's breathtaking how beautiful it is there!

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

What a fun trip. Ryan has been there before and absolutley loved it as well. You and Brian make such a darling couple!

Kari said...

I'm happy you enjoyed your trip. I know that I love living here in Seattle and love the beautiful country as well. Your pictures of the tulip festival turned out great, but you're right that they never do it justice. We went to the festival the last weekend in April and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm looking forward to coming to Cache Valley in about a week and a half for a family wedding. I love it here, but I definitely miss it there are well.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great time! I grew up right near where they have the tulip festival (Whidbey Island). it's so gorgeous there (the rain does get a little old though).
Pam

blair and maisy said...

I can't believe that you thought your pictures didn't do the tulips justice- because that looks like the most beautiful place ever!

Jaci said...

I'm so glad you were able to see the Tulip Festival! These are such fun photos. Glad you two were able to get away for a bit. ;)