September 07, 2008

mOrE SuMmER fUn!

We celebrated our TWO YEAR anniversary this summer! I can't believe it's been 2 years! Time is flying! I feel like it hasn't been more than a year, in a good way! We have had a great 2 years and I look forward to many many more! We took a last minute road trip to Jackson and drove through Yellowstone pretty close to our anniversary day...so we kind of called that our anniversary celebration. I've never seen SO many animals in the park! It was amazing! Buffalo, coyote, bear, elk, deer, big horn sheep...and the park was so green too! Of course we took Daisy, she's our travelling buddy. I think she had a great time too. We just found hotels along the way and one night we ended up in a cabin at an RV lot without any bedding and the bathroom about 30 yards away. It was pretty funny. We had to buy our bedding at Wal-Mart...we didn't pack for "camping." I won't ever forget that trip!

We also celebrated Brian's 30th birthday this summer! Isn't my hubby a hottie!!

Girls Camp was quite an experience!!! I haven't been to girls camp for at least 18 years! Wow, I just dated myself there. It was such a good time though and a lot nicer of a camp than we ever had as YW. All the girls camped in our big wall tent and us leaders snuggled in a smaller one. We kept watch at night for escapee's and the girls weren't to happy about that, we thought it was pretty funny. It was a great camp though, full of fun activities and great food! The girls were a blast too. When I got put in YW I felt this pressure to be accepted, like I was a YW all over. It was pretty stressful (sounds silly I know). When the girls called me a "cool leader" it was hard not to shout for joy or get a big head...yah, I'm "cool!"


What's summer without a FEW mother-daughter golf tournaments! Holly couldn't play in the last one and Heather couldn't play in this one...we never got the 4 of us together, darn. Holly, mom and I had a blast though. It was a Hawaiian themed tournament. Once again, we didn't shoot too well but we sure scored great in the laughing and good times department!


AND...one of my most bestest friends got MARRIED!!! It was such a beautiful day and so was the bride! (Bottom, these pictures are for you. Sorry it took so long to get these posted)




Needless to say, it was an action packed summer! I think things are finally starting to slow down. I'm ready for fall...not winter, just fall! Oh...and now it's hunting season and Brian has kidnapped the camera so no pictures for a while. Sorry!
Until next time...

9 comments:

Merrill's said...

I love the summer pictures. Hey, I went to Girls Camp too. Congrats on your 2 years of marriage.

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

Happy Anniversary!
You two make an awsome couple!

Amber said...

Yea for your new pics! I'm glad you posted pictures of Jes' wedding. And whoa - you've been married 2 years? That's awesome. Hope things aren't too lonely without the man around much.

The Smith Fam said...

It sounds like you had a fun anniversary. I love all the pics!

Grieco Family said...

Sounds like you've had a great summer! Congrats on your two year anniversary!!

Denise said...

Sandy, we just created a blog. It is justjorgys.blogspot.com. Your summer looks like it was fun filled. Happy anniversary by the way. Maybe I'll see you Saturday at the family get together. Talk to you later.

Tippetts Family said...

Hey Sand! I love checkin in on you. YOU LOOK GREAT! I wish so bad you were my sis-in-law it hurts! You are a doll and I hope all is well! Take care, Laycee

The Dahlke Family said...

Sandy, it was really good to see you too. It is a huge bummer that this is the only way to keep in touch. But I guess it is better than nothing. Next time you guys are in Salt Lake let me know. I don't know if you get together with any of the other cousins but it sounds like most of Larry's girls are around the valley so maybe we could meet in the middle and do lunch sometime...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun-packed summer! Congrats on your anniversary!