November 04, 2008

haLLoWeEN


I don't know about the rest of you but over the years I've gone through spurts of liking or not really liking Halloween and the whole dressing up ordeal. It was so fun and "cool" when I was a lot younger to dress up and go trick-or-treating with friends and for a few years in college we dressed up and just walked around neighborhoods scaring people. Then there were a few years when carving pumpkins and going to a corn maze was the extent of my Halloween celebrating. And I'd go to the ward party but never dress up cause I just felt stupid. Well, times have changed and so has my attitude and enthusiasm about Halloween...I really enjoy it! I pretty much owe it all to my dear friend and previous roommie, Jes! She LOVES Halloween and when you live with someone who loves it you can't very well not love it too! I remember one year we went to the mall and forked out the cash for some great pirate and gypsy costumes - that's where it all began. I LOVE dressing up now and I plan my costume a year in advance! I also love working on Halloween because I GET to dress up ALL DAY! The businesses downtown do a little trick-or-treat thing and I get to pass out candy all day and see all the fun costumes too(of course I take notes for next years costume). I felt so special this year because a darling little girl wanted her picture taken with me! I felt like I was in Disneyland playing a character (Hmmmm that's a job I might consider one day). Anyway, I love Halloween! I love the fun decoration, I love the candy of course, I love the costumes, I love the night itself! Thanks Jes! (and I mean that sincerely)

P.S. Sorry the pictures aren't that great, Brian went hunting on Halloween so I had to take the pictures myself.

9 comments:

JO said...

love the halloween costume and congrats on your pregnancy! I am so excited for you !!!!!

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

It looks like Congrats are in order! Yay!
I love your Costume! I almost dressed upas Clepatra this year, but a Witch was much more fitting for me! you're so pretty!

Kylene said...

I love the costume. You look awesome!!

Danny, Jen, Kadee, Kambrie and Lillian said...

Girl, congrats! I am so so so excited for you! You need to post lots and lots of pics so that I can view the whole event... after this many years and it happens when I am gone. I am so happy for you guys. I love ya girl and hope you continue to feel great!

Tippetts Family said...

Hey Sand,
I am a little slow on comments, but I wanted to send along a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS! I couldn't be more happy for you! Keep the blog updated with all the news on your little bundle eh!
Lace

Mandy said...

I am at K Salon and Spa at the South end of Logan. It's the new Studio K.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Congrats! I am so excited for you! Great costume! It looks like you have had many great adventures. I'm not a blogger. But, I would love to keep in touch so drop me a line some time. Hope to hear from you soon.

Angie
Hamblenangie@yahoo.com

Amber said...

I LOVE THE COSTUME!! How fun! I think it's awesome that some little girl wanted her picture taken with you. I might have to get a picture taken with you some time! Hope you're feeling good!

blair and maisy said...

You looked great. I have a Cleopatra costume somewhere too. I think the eyelashes were a nice touch.