January 16, 2009

Welcome 2009


I thought that after the holidays were over life would slow down a bit...it hasn't. It's one thing after another these days. I can't complain though, we are only 16 days into 2009 and so far it's been a great year. We bought our jogger/travel system for the babe, have been on a few road trips, spent lots of time with our families and Brian survived layoffs at his work (sigh of relief). I am so excited for this year - especially for the arrival of our daughter, I can't wait to meet her! This is the only year I kind of wanted the holidays to go by fast and it was because I knew when the holidays were over we could concentrate more on preparing for baby D.'s arrival.

2008 was a super year that ended with a really great Christmas. We are blessed to have both of our families live close by so we get lots of family time on the holidays and as I mentioned before, participate in lots of different traditions. This year Brian's mom made all the grand kids pj's and they were so excited! And the "pj's" from my mom this year were "HO,HO,HO shirts." Green for the boys and red for the girls (I don't know where the picture is of all of us wearing them). Anyway, Christmas was wonderful and I loved that we got tons of snow Christmas night!

So, with a new year comes new years resolutions. Since losing weight is not really a smart or likely option for me right now I'm going to focus on eating healthy and regularly exercising. Also, I would like to up my temple attendance this year and be a better scripture reader. We are studying the D&C in Sunday school this year and I'd like to read along. Last, I resolve to be a good wife and mother. I worry I'm not going to know how to take care of a baby and pray I will be able to show her the love that I already have for her.
Here's to 2009!

1 comment:

Jaci said...

Sandy-- fun Christmas photos! Your resolutions sound good too.-- A very balanced mix. And don't you worry, I know you will be a good mommy. You take such good care of Daisy, I can't imagine you not knowing how to care for baby D. I smile trying to picture her face as I look at these pictures of you. She is going to be an absolute doll! I just put my dollie to bed. It is so fun to cuddle them, spoil them with lotion, and soft jammies. You have a ton of fun coming your way! I want to hear more about your jogger. Sounds fun!