This weekend my mom and I worked our little hearts out and made bumpers for "baby girl's" cradle. I would really like to say they were "made with love" but there were a few times (after unpicking several times) I wasn't real excited about the idea of making them. They turned out pretty darn cute though and there really was more love than anything that went into them. I don't know if I told you the story about the cradle but my sweet grama Bernice bought the cradle over 26 years ago and it was used by the kids in my family when they were babes. So, it's been in the family awhile. It's pretty special to me that I'm able to use it now for my little angel and use it the home of the "angel" who bought it too! I've thought a lot about my gram as I've been preparing for our babe to arrive. I wish she were here to help me pick out gowns and bedding and all those fun things. Anyway, I know she LOVED aqua so I think she'd be proud of these bumpers!
P.S. Here's the latest...30 weeks. I have my 32 week appointment this Wednesday though, I"m a little behind on getting the pic's up.
9 comments:
Me and my mother in law sewed the crib skirt for the nursery yesterday, and oh my gosh.....seriously, it shouldn't have been that hard, but we were seriously struggling!!! So I can relate!! Cute belly pict, you look so cute!
You look just darling. That is so cool you get to use the cradle your gramma used. I love the bumper-so darling. She'll be here before you know it. Fun, fun, fun.
CUTE! The bumpers and your little belly! I can't wait to meet that baby girl! I can't believe only 2 more months.
ok, it's really not fair that you look this amazing at 30 weeks! Wow! Such a pretty pregnant lady! I looked like a planet...it ain't right!
Oh you look so cute! The bumper looks like it turned out great.
Nice work on the bumpers. My mom and I also made bumpers when I had my first baby. It was quite the experience. You look great! I can't believe how close you are to delivery. How exciting!!!
Sandy!!!!!
The bumpers look great but you look AWESOME! I know you probably feel big but dearie-- you have a small baby bump! I am so excited for every day that passes and gets you closer to meeting your baby girl face to face!!!!! You look so happy to be pregnant & I LOVE IT!!!!
Congrats again! (you too Brian!)
~~Andrea
Hi Sandy,
Your such a hottie!!!!
Your little craddle holds special memories for me and my babes too! I wonder if Gram knew what she'd started? I think about her all the time too.
I'm so, so excited for you and Brian, not to mention your Mom and sisters. You guys are going to have a blast.
Love you
Shelly V
Iknow that you might not get this in time or even ever see it but I just wanted to tell you congrats and let you know what we aren't going to make it to the open house tomorrow night... I am really sorry. My mom and Greg are actually coming to stay for a little grankid time! I hope you have a blast and I wish you good luck... by the way you look great!
Jenna
Post a Comment