November 09, 2009

I was so excited to post our family picture taken on Halloween but I have misplaced the memory card...ugh! I have been so forgetful lately. Anyway, I did take some pictures of Emmy on another card and am happy to share these - isn't she the cutest little strawberry you've ever seen! As soon as I find the other card I'll post the family. I was Strawberry Shortcake and Emmy my little strawberry. I tried to tell Brian he could be that "purple guy" but he passed. I love having Emmy so I have a buddy to dress up with. I'm already excited for next year! Hmmm, what could we be???


October was a project/learning month for me. I made a fun halloween craft with my mother-in-law, I have been gathering things to help redecorate my moms living/dining room (I told her I could do it for $100- I'm at $150 but pretty close to done), I have been SLOWLY organizing 20+ years of pictures my mom has in rubbermaid containers so I can make albums for my siblings and I (a bigger project than I had thought it would be), I leaned how to make apple pie filling and feel like such a homemaker and I took a photography class from Brooke Snow. This girl is the best teacher and such a talented photographer! I can't wait to join her advanced class in January! My photo skills still have yet to be fine-tuned but I feel so much more confident shooting in manual and only doing little or no editing to my picture anymore. Thanks Brooke! Here are a few photos from my "homework" assignments (for some reason they are lot more "crisp" before being downloaded to blogger).
As you can see, my sister was my favorite model... THANKS HOLLY! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!



7 comments:

Automobile Birdsinger said...

um, she looks so grownup!!! It is shocking!!! Where did little Holly go? She is a very pretty young woman! (shes probably like 25 now isn't she???;) )

Annie said...

Sandy! You are becoming quite the photographer! And your sister is darling.

cwall said...

so cute! I will try and find the tutorial of how to make the margins bigger....and then after you do that, I use photobucket to make the pictures bigger, but it will cut off the landscape ones if you post those before expanding your margins. I will look and then get you the link!!!

Jaci said...

wow! look at you domestic-diva! don't you love being home more? You are making such great use of your time--- developing talents.
These photos are so great! Beautiful Holly and sweet Emmy! Where is the pic of you dressed up though? I want to see! I thought of you all during the halloween season. I am envious how you come up with costumes!
I tried to find stellar deals the day after Halloween (online, like you did) but had no luck. :(

Emily M said...

Little Emmy looks so darling- you are right she is the cutest little strawbery! Good job on being the domestic diva- i need to do that! Your pictures are awesome- I have been wanting to take some type of photography class- i think that i will look into that more!

NA said...

She is so cute, and getting so big! I think your photography is really great also!

The DeVito's said...

Your photography is great! I am super impressed with all your domestic skills. I failed in that class!