December 14, 2009

the most wonderful time of the year

DSC_0029
Just wanted to post a family photo - I love our little family.

DSC_0082

Emmy is such a good little helper! Having her here makes me want Christmas to be perfect. I know she won't care but I want to make sure the tree is decorated nice, the lights are on outside each night, the presents all have bows, etc. It is so fun having a little one around for Christmas! It just makes Christmas that much more exciting!

DSC_0078

DSC_0111

Each year since I was born I have got an ornament for the tree. The first one was given to me the year I was born by my grandma. Since then I have been given ornaments or collected them as I accomplished things that year or traveled. Emmy got her first Christmas ornament this year from her grandma Kathy. I am so excited to carry on this tradition with our sweet little Emmy.

DSC_0104

It's not even Christmas and I have already recieved 2 gifts! First (and by far the best) is the INTERNET! YIPPEE!! That's right, the internet at my house. I can connect to the www anytime I want! It feels so good too! Now if I can just find the time...

The second gift is actually more Brian's than mine but he is the reason I don't have a whole lot of time. This little pup is the newest addition to our family. Who'd have thought after being married 3 1/2 years we'd have a family of 5 (that's 3 people and 2 dogs)? Brian's plans are to train this little man to be an antler hunting dog. I guess the dogs parents did it so he should be able to do it too. For only being 6 weeks old he's actually a pretty smart little puppy. The only one who isn't so fond of him is Daisy. I feel so bad for her too. She just hides under our bed all day. Out sweet Daisy was our first dog, then came Emmy and now we have Gunner. Daisy is getting a LOT of attention these past few days to make up for us bringing another little "creature" into our home (just something else to steal the attention from her). Anyway, I hope she grows out of this shy/mad phase soon because I miss my Daisy.

DSC_0096

5 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

Adorable family picture!!!!

Melissa Hernandez said...

Adorable family picture!!!!

Jaci said...

you didn't tell me you got the WWW! that is awesome! So happy for you! thanks for the visit today. I'll say it again.. I love your house! It's so cozy and welcoming!

Annie said...

Okay, first of all, your tree & decor is awesome! Second, Emmy just gets cuter & cuter. And finally, what a darling little pup! I didn't know you got a puppy. Poor Daisy, though. Maybe she'll get used to the little guy. :)

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

CUTE!