April 01, 2010

april fools

i looked out the window and what did i see...




looks like the joke's on us this year! 
thanks Mother Nature!

Speaking of April Fools...have I ever told you how my mom is a master of this holiday?  She loves every holiday but she is witty and creative when it comes to April fool-ing people! 

Just to name a few...
Syran wrap on toilets
Wax paper in our sandwiches
Karo syrup on toilet seats
Pie tins of water over the door
Fake bugs in food

The jokes that get me the most are the ones that have something to do with what's going on in our lives at the moment.  For example, there's a leaky pipe in my brothers room so he's been sleeping on the couch.  Her joke today was to go downstairs bright and early and tell him (while pretending to panic) that his room had flooded!  And when I was a little girl, her telling me that my cat had had kittens, only to find out that was a joke.  See what I mean...she knows how to get you. 

She's sneaky. 

Last night my mom and I has a real great girls night (I'll post about that a little later) and we were talking about April fools and what we could do this year.  I reminded her about my kitten story and she told me that when she was little her mom had told her that her pet bird had layed eggs!  My mom was so excited.  There were even "eggs" in the bottom of the cage!  Come to find out, my grama had put some of those malted eggs in the cage to fool my mom!  I was laughing pretty hard when my mom told me this.  Leave it to my grama!  Now I know where my mom gets her enthusiasm and creativity when it comes to "fooling" people!

HAPPY APRIL 1 EVERYONE!


No comments: