May 13, 2010

mother's day and stuff

It seems I'm just a little behind on things lately, a lot of things.  I love to be busy so I pack my schedule with crafts, photography, housework, church meetings, finding new hobbies, work, family time, outings with the girls and of course...lots of time with Emmy.  Then, I complain because I'm busy-when I'm the one who makes my schedule. Oh well, I wouldn't change it.  I love having things to do.

I especially am loving the weather forecast this next week because I can pack my life full of outdoor activities!  I can't wait to take Emmy to the park and have a picnic, down to the dam to feed the ducks (we did this once already but I think it's going to be a frequent summer activity), go on walks and enjoy the flowers, go up the canyon for a cookout, camp, go to the pool...the list is endless!  I love being busy with these kinds of things!

Anyway, what's a post without a few pictures right?  These are from Mother's Day.  We spent the afternoon at my parents and celebrated with my family.  Brian's parents were out of town but that doesn't mean we didn't celebrate his mom.  She is super woman and I am so blessed to have her as a mom-in-law.  We wished her a happy mom day last weekend.



My mom and her kidlets.  I love it when we all get together. 
Isn't my mom beautiful!  I love her smile and her laugh.

Then we got a picture with mom, her kids, and the grandbaby.  You might be asking yourself, "What are they all laughing at?"
 
My dad...doing a little jig to get Emmy to smile!  Go dad, go dad, go dad...
(thanks to my bro-in-law for the pictures)

Holly, I think you deserve a mother's day wish also.  You are so helpful with Emmy and I appreciate you more than you know.  I know when I go to work she is in good hands.  Thank you for being such a great Aunt and for teaching Emmy so many wonderful things.  We will miss you when you head south this fall!


Heather, you deserve a shout out too. You are such sweet sister to me and wonderful aunt to Emmy.  I love to watch you play Emmy.  You show her so much love and I know she loves you too.


Mother's Day is such a special day to me.  It always has been.  I love that we get to dedicate a whole day to our mothers, grandmothers, mothers-in-law and all those who have "mothered" us throughout our life.  I really don't think you need to be a mother to be celebrated on this day.  We all "mother" others in our own way.  It should be called "Woman's day" or "Mothering Day." 
Anyway, I am very blessed to be a mother.  Last year I was released from the hospital on Mother's Day, after having Emmy.  Having her in my life is the best Mother's day gift ever.  I love all that she teaches me.  I love how much I have grown because of her.  I love that I have developed a new kind of love, a mother's love.  Being a mom has also helped me really appreciate my mom and all the she's done for me and for all my siblings.  Sometimes being a mom can be a tough job and I'm sure us four kids didn't make is easy on my mom.  She is the most gentle and loving person I know.  I only hope that I can be the mother to Emmy that she has been to me.  She's my mom and my best friend. 

So, happy belated mother's day to ALL of you out there!

 



3 comments:

Denise said...

The picture of you and your siblings with your mom is just precious. LOVE IT!!! Love you Sandy-you are a great example to me.

Jaci said...

Darling photos! Happy belated mother's day to you!! Lovin' your hair cut right now!

Heather said...

ahhh thanks sandy. little emerald and i are such great friends.