May 06, 2010

my baby and her baby

Today Emmy and I played inside.  Darn the snow and rain.
But I love that I was able to capture this moment of Emmy trying to put the hat on her new baby doll. I love these little tender moments.  The moments when I look over and she's concentrating so hard to put a lid on a container or when she's laying on her tummy looking at a book.  She is so beautiful and so special to me.

Emmy is growing up so quickly and learning all the time.  She constantly amazes me with how smart she is.  She is so alert and aware of what people are doing around her.  She catches on so quickly when you demonstrate how to play with a toy.  And she is so friendly and loving to everyone - she waves at everyone she see's and says, "hi."  She especially loves waving to kids!  I can't believe how fast this first year has flown by. 


Last weekend we celebrated Emmy's 1st birthday with our families. I'll get pictures of that up soon...It was a wonderful time spent with aunts, uncles, grand parents, great-grandparents and cousins.  I am so blessed to have such wonderful family and am thankful for all they did to help us celebrate Emmy's big day.

 I guess it's kind of Emmy's birthdy week because we will be doing more celebrating this weekend..

On May 8 my sweet little girl turns ONE!

1 comment:

Jaci said...

Happy 1st birthday Emmy! It will be a great day! I am excited to see party photos!
Darling that she's playing with a dollie already. How sweet is that? One smart cookie you have their Sandy! Cute as can be too!