October 29, 2010

halloween at our house

I think I'm ready.  It seems to me that since Halloween is on a Sunday this year we had to be ready earlier than usual because all the festivities are happening days if not weeks early. 

Well, our house is as decorated as it's going to get...


I finally made a Halloween wreath after eyeing up the tutorials for weeks...

I've bought all the candy I plan to purchase.  When we're out, we're out.

Emmy has her costume - and I'm still working on mine.  I'm a little sad I won't be sporting any wigs or false eyelashes this year (pic's of us in a day or so)

I've made the Halloween treats I've been wanting to make...actually there are a LOT of treats I'd like to make but I think I'd be the one eating them all!

And I made Emmy a Halloween skirt for Sunday!  Since we won't be sporting our costumes, I figured we needed to recognize the holiday somehow.  It's just out of scrap fabric I had so it isn't super Halloween, but it's the right colors -a-?

(not the best photo, but it's all I was able to get of her in it today.  i'll try again on Sunday.  and just a little side note...we were going to run errands this morning and take some halloween treats to friends.  i said, "Emmy lets get ready to go."  she started gathering all sorts of things to bring with us!  her bucket-with toys in it of course, her sippie, her purse, a necklace, a headband...she is so my daughter!)

Well, I think now all we have left to do is carve pumpkins and go trick-or-treating!  Can't wait!

Happy Halloween everyone!

4 comments:

Suzette Willmore said...

wish i was there to see your house all decorated up! the little skirt you made for emmy is so cute. not to mention, i wish i was getting some YUMMY treats from you this year!

Annie said...

Seriously, Sandy. How do you do it?! Very festive decor & that skirt is darling!

Melissa Hernandez said...

Cute pict's!!!! Looks like u have been busy!

Jaci said...

Hello Miss Domestic!! Love this!