The new year has brought with it a whole list of "honey do's" and "to do's." I don't know if it's the "nesting" part of pregnancy or just my excitement and anxiety, but I don't have ANYTHING done in the nursery for our new little one and it's killing me! Yes, we still have almost 2 months but I really would like to get the crib set up, the office area organized, a few decorations on the wall, the quilt made... Funny, I feel like I have been organizing and cleaning for the last 3 weeks, yet I really don't have anything to show for it! The baby's room is still the office/catch all room!
I guess I had better finish up 2010 though before I go diving in to 2011.
Our holidays were a lot of fun. It was especially nice to have my sis visiting from St. George for about 3 weeks. She left yesterday to head back to school and I'm sad I won't see her again till the baby is born. Since she and I are the ones without jobs, we'd just hang out. Love that girl! Love my other sis too. Heather would join us for games or treat making when she got off work or was looking for something to do while her hubby was working. One of our fun little treat making experiences was gingerbread men! We actually did this at myparents house with mom and it was a pretty fun little activity!
Christmas was a good time! We had our own little Christmas at home (and I attempted to make my moms delicious butterscotch roll, just can't do like her though) then we visited my parents house, followed by Brian's parents house. It's busy but I wouldn't change it. I was going through my pictures and I had to laugh at myself because I really didn't take a lot of photos this year. I guess it's because I was just enjoying the time spent with family and making memories. That's how it's supposed to be right? So here's Christmas morning at our house after the presents had been unwrapped...Brian and I didn't exchange gifts this year and just let Emmy have all the glory. Santa was good to her!
We spend our New Year's eve at an Aggie basketball game and took Emmy. No big parties for us, who am I kidding we aren't real late owls. I think we were in bed by 10:30 or so. I don't think we've been up that late on New Years for quite some time now!
So, here we are, 2011. All sorts of adventures are already on the calendar! It's going to be a great year, I just know it!





No comments:
Post a Comment