A BIRTHDAY
I can't believe how much Emmy has grown in the last year! Here we are, last year, celebrating her first birthday.
My little one-year-old...
And here we are celebrating birthday #2!
It gets me a bit teary-eyed as I reflect on the last year and see just how much my little girl has grown.
This year Emmy's birthday fell on Mother's Day and we also decided to bless Bailey. It was a beautiful day, even though the cold wet weather kept all our celebrating inside.
We had family over for lunch and celebrated with cake, ice cream and gifts. I watched Emmy as she played with her cousins, ate her lunch and opened her gifts...I kept thinking to myself, "she seems so grown up to me." From her mannerisms to her words. My little baby isn't a baby anymore.
Now, she likes to dress herself. Rarely does she match and most days we go through several outfits because one gets "dity" (dirty) or wet. She's constantly taking her pants off and now her diaper too!
Emmy is pretty good at feeding herself. There are a few foods that slip off the fork or spoon, but she does a good job with everything else. She is very independent, yet wants "hep" (help) with things too. The only thing is, as soon as you go to help her, she wants to do it herself.
Emmy still loves bath time, always has. She helps wash her hair and body. She could play in the tub for hours if I let her.
Rain or shine, Emmy's most favorite place to be is outside. The first thing she says in the morning these days is "weee?" Wondering when we can go out and play. When I can't be outside with her, I just let her crawl in and out of the doggy door and she plays outside with the dogs or on her swing set. She already has a farmers tan and it's only mid May!
Although she seems to suck on her toothbrush more than brush with it, she's starting to get into the routine of brushing in the morning and night. She pulls up her little chair to the sink, I turn on the water and she brushes away!
The biggest change in Emmy's life this last year has been that she is now a big sister. This new role of hers has helped her grow even faster, I think.
Sharing the spotlight is still a little hard for her (or should I say, sharing mom and dad has been hard) but she sure loves her little sister and Emmy is such a good helper.
At TWO YEARS OLD Emmy:
- is putting two and three words together (ie. Emmy open door, snack purple bowl, pink shoes...)
- she FINALLY weighs over 21 pounds, she's 22 pounds now!
- loves to sing! she carries around the mini children's song book, opens it and sings (her singing is saying aaahh-yay over and over in different pitches)
- she knows where all her body parts are in the song "head, shoulders, knees and toes"
- she folds her arms when we pray and says amen
- she is very particular and likes things a certain way, like her socks rolled or her food cut
- she also doesn't like when her hands are dirty or there is a spill on the table or floor. "clean up" she says and then she has to clean it up or have it cleaned up
- she know bunches of colors, animals and even opposites
- she LOVES books! it isn't uncommon for me to find her on the floor, on our bed or in the rocking chair just looking at books
- she calls her blanket "dity" and Bailey "doo-ah" (still unsure why)
- her nicknames include: Emmer, Emerald, Em-gem, Emmy-Lou, Emmy Alice, Em and Emmerson. Who knew the name Emmy could be lengthened?
- she gives loves and kisses that melt my heart
I could go on and on! I love reflecting about all the ways she's changing and all the things she's learning.
Emmy is such a blessing in our lives and she brings so many smiles and giggles into our home.
Happy Birthday, Emmy! We love you!










No comments:
Post a Comment