First, I'm a little late but better late than never right! A few weeks ago Brian and I celebrated our FIVE YEAR anniversary! Yeah for us!
To mark the occasion, we took a little road trip up to Sun Valley just us two. I'll admit I was a worried we wouldn't have much to talk about besides the girls but we talked AND LAUGHED a lot. It was fun just road-trippin' with my hubby! We packed a cooler of goodies, munched a lot, stayed in a nice hotel, ate a yummy dinner and took our time driving home. We missed the girls but it was nice to have some time for us.
(believe it or not, the only picture I took on our adventure was of a mountain...so, no 5 year photo. oops)
As for how we celebrated July 4th....
We started by watching the local firework display on Friday night. It was great having some of Brian's fam and my fam there! Emmy liked the fireworks and would watch for certain colors. Bailey, well she wasn't too sure about them.
Saturday we tried to keep cool during the day then headed down to main street to watch the cruise-in parade that evening. Brian's parents put their car in this year and Emmy went for her first "drag" down main! It was a HOT evening, can you tell by Bailey's face!
Sunday we had a BBQ at my mom's and played outside. Later we went to Brian's parents to celebrate my bro-in-law's bday!
Monday(the actual 4th of July) the girls and I, my mom and sisters went to a parade! Emmy got LOADS of candy! Needless to say, we didn't keep it all. And yes, I wore the same shirt two days in a row - with the 4th being celebrated for 4 days I started to run out of red, white and blue clothes for the girls and I!
Monday night was our neighborhood fireworks extravaganza! Brian and some of the guys on our street were pretty excited about the lift on the firework restrictions this year so they took FULL advantage of their firework "freedom!" Brian built a launcher for the illegal ones (shhh) and we all just prayed that nothing caught fire while ANY fireworks were being lit. There was quite a turnout for the "big event!"
All in all, it was a fun-filled weekend of celebrating our freedom's and independence with family and friends! I absolutely LOVE July because to me it's what summer is all about!
Other happenings over the big weekend...
Bailey rolled over! Yeah! And Emmy helped capture the moment!
and last but not least-
We bought this "beauty" of a trailer!
We are the proud owners of a bunch of chicken coops, a "vintage" trailer, a huge shed AND .50 ACRES of land!!!! (we officially close this Wednesday) We are so excited! Brian hopes to start demolishing everything over the 24th so we can get the land ready to build on! That's right, the trailer's coming down! The sale on our house hasn't finalized yet but it's getting close. We are crossing our fingers everything goes smoothly. I guess, if anything, this lovely property will serve as a great investment if we don't sale soon.
I feel like I've finally caught up now! At least, posting the major happenings anyway. I'm really going to try to keep up on blogging better.
HAPPY JULY!
2 comments:
you never mentioned where your land is? we should be moving into our NEW home the end of july! it has been fun to see it being built before our eyes - just wait and see!
Yeah-where is your land? You will love all the space. What fun for you guys.
Post a Comment