July 11, 2012

101

Today the girls and I ran a few errands and the car read 101 degrees!  Seriously!  Thanks to my sweet mom and sister informing me it was 7-11 day, Bailey, Emmy and I were able to cool off a bit with a free slurpee.  Yum!

We've been trying to beat the heat lately.  I've tried to be creative so we could stay inside where it's cool.  We've done some science experiments, crafts and such.  But the girls and I love being out so we've been to the library and hit just about all the local fast food places for a burger and some indoor cool playplace time.  To stay cool outside we've gone for walks in the morning before it's TOO hot.  We've played in the creek at the in-laws and done the slip and slide, been to the local pool and just the other day we set up the pool on our patio.  Since we really don't have much of a yard yet, it was the only place.  The girls had fun, the dogs had fun and I had fun too.






Not sure what's on the agenda for tomorrow.  Maybe we'll set up the sprinkler on the little bit of lawn we have and eat Popsicle's on the porch...better yet, I think we'll MAKE Popsicles!  

No comments: