November 09, 2012

October part 2

 
I think Halloween day deserves it's own post, so I'll share a few more October photos.
 
We decorated the house.
My friend Jes has always been a big Halloween fan and me, well, lets just say it hasn't been my favorite to decorate for.  Well, my opinions are changing and I am liking the bats, cobwebs, apothecary, etc. more and more. 
 
We've had PLENTY of leaves to rake this year!  We left two huge maples on the lot when we built and boy do they drop a ton of leaves!  Pretty sure the wind carries them all the way down the block leaving leaf surprises on everyones lawn along the way. 



We carved pumpkins!!  Our neighbor grows pumpkins and told us awhile ago that he likes to give them to the neighborhood kids.  So he knocked when they were ready and we got to go choose a few.  From the time we got them till we carved them, Emmy would point out which was hers every time we walked by them.  She was so proud of her "pick."


We even roasted the pumpkin seeds this year and it was a delicious snack.  I forgot how much I enjoyed them! 

No comments: