January 02, 2010

just because

I love this little girl so much!  She has brought so much joy into my life!

At 8 months (nearly) she is crawling and pulling herself up on everything.  She is such a character and her little personality is just blossoming!  She claps her hands all the time and we'll say "yeah Emmy" or "yeah Daddy."  She thinks this is so fun!  She's learned how to wave and waves at everyone and everything!  Sometimes she'll crawl to the door and sit and wave at it!  Emmy has learned all sorts of sounds and her most common are, "mumumum" and "dadada."  We love it!  Who knows if she's associating the sound with the name, but we sure like to hear it.  She has also learned to put her lips together, stick her tounge out and blow - making a silly sound.  We do it right back to her and she just smiles or does it more. 

The other day I heard her talking in her bedroom after she had woken up from her nap.  I peaked in and just watched her without her seeing me.  I loved standing there unoticed and seeing what she did.  She just crawled around in her crib, talked to herself, she would lay back down and cuddle her blanket for a bit then look around and just be happy in her own little world.  She is so precious and I know she will have quite the imagination later on.

I can't believe that 2010 will bring with it Emmy's first birthday!  It doesn't seem like she's been with us that long.  Actually, I take it back.  I can't remember life without her! 

I love you EMMY!

1 comment:

blair and maisy said...

She is so adorable! It looks like your holidays were fun too.