Emmy and I frequent Michaels. I love all the possibilites this craft store holds. I enjoy walking down the isles and seeing all the projects, the supplies to create whatever you can imagine. As much as I enjoy the place, it also frustrates me. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in there without a "vision" or some sort of "end project" in mind. I feel inadequate. I am reminded of all the projects I've started and not finished and the hobbies I've tried to make my own. But, no matter how much time I spend in there (or money) I always make sure I leave with a purpose. I remind myself that I need to keep trying different crafts and projects, and constantly set new goals. By doing this, I feel like I am "bettering myself" in a round about kind of way. That one day I'll find my nitch.
Anyway, this is completely random. And more random is the picture, I know. These beauties were sitting on the back of a truck when I left Michaels the other day. Even if my trip in wasn't real successful, these 165lb. St. Bernards made me smile. They weren't chained up, just content and mellow- waiting for their owners to return to the truck. I was pretty impressed. I sat in my car and waited for the owners too. I asked if I could pet the dogs (a little afraid might get my head bitten off had I petted them without their owners). They were the sweetest dogs. They made me happy.
So with new year, comes new goals and new resolutions. I can think of a lot of things I should resolve to do... but I really want to "find my nitch" this year. I'm going try and learn 3 new skills in 2010 and excel in them. I want to give homemade Christmas gifts to friends and family in 2010.
Now, I just have to narrow down all the things I want to learn to 3! (maybe I'll make it more)
1 comment:
I always remember a certain roommate I had that organized all of her pictures. I remember being totally impressed. I think about her a lot whenever I am feeling extra unorganized. I think, boy, she was really good at getting things done. I also remember that she always looked really good, even if it did take 20 outfit changes to decide on what to wear...;P
Post a Comment