Last night a group of ladies (and young women) in my ward went on a little hike. The plan was to meet at 8:30pm do a little hiking and then star gaze. Well, by 8:30 the sky was pretty dark and it was raining. I wasn't real sure about the star gazing but I dressed in layers and raincoat and headed to the church to see if we were going to venture out anyway. There wasn't the turnout there probably would have been had the weather cooperated a little more but there was about 10 of us.
When we left the church and rounded the corner the clouds cleared and this is what we walked toward as we headed down the canyon to the trailhead...
It was so beautiful! We all called it a sign from Heaven, that we were still supposed to go on this little hike and spend time as sisters in the ward.
The trail we were on followed the east side of the mountains overlooking the valley. We witnessed an amazing sunset and enjoyed the views. I only wish I would have had my nice camera instead of my point and shoot. I just couldn't quite capture the colors of sunset, but believe me it was beautiful. I will be hiking this again!
What a fun evening out. These ladies and young women were so fun to be with. We talked as we hiked and got to know each other a little better. I am so blessed to be part of such a wonderul ward!
I can't wait to this again!



2 comments:
Are you in Smithfield? What ward are you in?
Great pic Sandy! Even if it is your 'point & shoot'...you can't take a bad pic of a rainbow right?
Post a Comment