I felt like I hit a wall in photography.
I knew I had so much more to learn but wasn't finding the right resource.
I had taken some Photography Classes from Brooke Snow awhile ago and loved them! I knew she was just the person I needed to spend some time with. She does one-on-one mentoring sessions and I put that on my "to save for."
I love that my sweet sweet hubby lets me talk photography with him. Whether he's really interested or not, he lets me share my pictures and thoughts about them. He picked up on my frustrations and my need for more instruction and got me a private mentor session with Brooke for my birthday!
It's been on the calendar for about a week, in big letters, "MENTOR WITH BROOKE." Yesterday was the big day.
IT WAS FABULOUS!
You all need to know Brooke. Whether you need a piano teacher, photography instructor, spiritual giant or just a friend...she's your gal! She's so patient and such a great instructor. She is humble and excited to see others succeed.
My darling sister and her hubby were our "willing" models last night and were so patient as Brooke and a talked between shoots and she helped me learn so many wonderful things. It was very refreshing!
I drove home on a photography high! I felt very capable! I had this wonderful new found knowledge and I just wanted to go photograph everything I could (had it not been dark and if I wasn't so anxious to get home and show Brian my pictures, I just may have).
So, thank you sweet, loving, generous husband of mine. I LOVED LOVED LOVED my birthday gift and I LOVE you.
Thank you Brooke for sharing your time and talent. You are such beautiful and talented person and I am grateful to know you.
Thank you Derrick and Heather for being my models! You are such a fun couple to photograph because you are so in love and so photogenic! Luv ya!
I know there's still a lot for me learn, but it just feels good to have more confidence and especially more knowledge about how to really create the image I want with my camera instead of relying on an editing program! WOW, lots of time saved there!





3 comments:
Great job Sandy!!! Wow, I want to take a class from her! These are such amazing photos! Love them!! Pat yourself on the back!!
Wow! I have Private Mentor Session envy. Lovely photos.
You are just so fabulous! I'm so glad that we got to get together! I had a great time! Your images look AWESOME!
I saw this lovely post and remembered that I still needed to share these images on my blog! So I just did a post!
I think you're awesome!
Post a Comment