September 20, 2010

cinderella

Maybe "Cinderella" isn't the right term.  I don't MAKE her do chores.  She just likes to!  It's more like "Mom's little helper."

It's amazing how quickly Emmy is picking up on things these days.  She sees and she does so we have to be careful.  I've never actually "taught" her to do any of the things pictured, she's just seen Brian or I do them and now she does them too! 

I think it's great that she likes to pull weeds in our driveway, and other people's too when we go for walks.  It's pretty funny to watch because she takes it so seriously and she even makes a sound like she's pulling really hard! 
 

Feeding the dogs is something I almost wish she wouldn't have picked up on.  She notices when their bowls are empty and goes to the cupboard with the dog food and points for me to open it (we had to child proof that cabinet!).  She usually puts the dog food in the cup with her hand (yuck) because she can't quite figure out how to scoop it, then she has a tendency to pour the food out before she gets to the bowl.  This time she did pretty darn good though...except by the time I had put my camera down she had picked up the bowl of food and dumped it out so she could fill it again!  Oh well. 

Emmy knows where just about all the garbage's are in our house and she's real good at throwing things away.  I don't know if she's put anything of value in the trash yet but I am missing a sippy cup?  Hmmm.  She knows the trash is "yucky" and says so as she opens the cupboard door or sees one in a room.  She says "cucky."  She likes to blow her nose (well she doesn't really blow) and then throw the tissue in the garbage.  I actually think it's pretty cute.  And if she finds a little piece of scrap paper or crumb she'll pick it up, bring it to me, say "cucky" and I'll tell her to put in the garbage and she's off.   What a good little cleaner-up-er!

Emmy loves our dogs and thankfully they seem to love her too.  She saw Brian brushing Gunner one night and figured where we put the brush mitt.  This time she pointed to the cupboard for me to open it, got it out and then wanted to go outside with it.  She figured out how to put it on all by herself and Gunner was a good sport to let her try and brush him for a short bit. 

  Emmy likes to help sweep and swiffer.  Once when I spilled cereal I said, "Uh oh, we better clean it up."  She went right to where we keep the broom and wanted to sweep.  What a smartie!  She also likes to get down on the floor with me when I clean up with a rag.  She has to have a rag too so she can help.  I love my little helper. 

This picture is my current fav of Emmy.  I think she looks like a super star the way she's posing with the swiffer!  Gosh I love her!


Emmy's also good at doing the dishes, unloading the dishwasher, wiping off the counter tops, putting her clothes away and she even does some dusting now and then!  So, if you need a helper give us call.  We'd love to come over!

4 comments:

Jaci said...

This post is adorable. It really is so neat to see how little ones pick up on what they see going on at home. She's a smart cookie! I love every single one of these photos. :)

Jaci said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kylene said...

This post is so cute. She will love to see all of these "Cinderella" pic's someday.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your computer is up and running. I missed seeing pictures of Emmy. You are quite the photographer! Luv ya both, Mom