October 01, 2010

Happy 80th

I sure married into a great family.  Not only did I gain wonderful sisters-in-law, brothers-in-law, mom and dad-in-law and lots of cousins, nieces and nephews...I got grandma and grandpa D!

Grandma D turned 80th just recently and we had a surprise party for her.  Kids and grandkids and relatives from as far as St. George came up for the celebration.  It was so fun to see all these wonderful people I am blessed to call family.

Grandma D was super surprised and grateful for the get together.  She is the most loving, sweet and charitable person out there.  She is always knitting for those in need, cooking and sharing and serving others in so many ways. 

Since my darling grandparents have all passed on, it's nice to have a grandma to call if I have a question only a grandma would know. 

Thanks Grandma D for all your love and for your wonderful example.  You truly are an inspiration to all those around you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

P.S.  I hope I hands and skin as beautiful as yours when I turn 80!

(I just had to put this picture too.  Grandma D's face is priceless!)


1 comment:

NA said...

Love this post Sandy! We are def. blessed to have someone as great as you in our family!