November 11, 2010

little squirt

This little munchkin is 18 months old!!!
Where oh where does the time go?


You can't see her pretty teeth or contagious smile in this picture but right now this is our Emmy to the core.  She has developed an attachment to this little stuffed puppy and carries it EVERYWHERE!  It watches her eat, sleep, bath, it shops with us, visits grandparents with us and plays outside on the swings.  She calls it her "boppy."  We can't seem to leave home without it. 
Another little item she is more attached to than she has been is her binkie!  I don't know where this came from!  She used to just need it for naps and night time and occasionally during the day but now she's asking for it a LOT more!  I talked to my dentist about it and he said as long as it fits her mouth it's helping her mouth shape and develop.  He took a peek at her mouth and told me there was no problem with her teeth and sucking her bink is fine...unless she's still sucking it when she's 6 years old.  So, I guess it'll be around a little while longer.  Besides, how do I take it away from her when we'll have a new baby in the house that may need/want one?

At 18 months Emmy...

*is in the 3% for her weight (she really is a little squirt)
*in the 15% for heighth (i know those tall genes are in there somewhere)
*can identify at least 5 animals by making their sounds
*has all her teeth but her 2 year-old molers
*thinks she's too grown up for her high chair so she stands on a chair at the table next to me
*has a vocabulary of about 20 recognizable words (well, recognizable to us)
*insists on carrying her own bag of groceries/items to the car (this is especially cute when she's carrying a children's place bag out of the mall...she's my little shopping buddy)
*carries around a little step stool to help her climb on the couch and other furniture she shouldn't be on
*knows what nap time and night-night are and she grabs her binkie, her blanket and her puppy when we tell her it time to rock. she then walkds to her room and waits for Brian or I  closes the door when we are in the room with her.
*DOESN'T REALLY LIKE TO ROCK ANYMORE!!!  this is a SUPER SAD one for me!  she'll let you rock if you're lucky but most of the time as soon as you try to sit down to rock her she points to her bed and says "nigh-nigh" 
*loves kids!  but not nursery - yet! (she lasted 15 min. on Sunday.  i think we're going to have to break her in gently)
*sings from the hymn book with us at church
*still loves to help me clean
*is quite the little dancer
*loves to wear my necklaces and bracelets (if I have a necklace on, she needs one too)
*is a breakfast girl, but lunch and dinner are a bit harder for us
*doesn't like to ride in the seat in shopping carts but would rather sit in the basket with the groceries or stand on the end and hang on (i'm the one to blame for this one)
*catches on to things super fast.  you only have to do something once and she'll start doing it too (she now tells the dogs to "go" or "move" and points or kicks when she says it...oops)
*Emmy puts her dirty clothes and socks in the hamper after we undress her and she puts Brian's socks in the hamper for him!  (he teases me about never having to put his socks away again.  we'll see about that)
*EMMY CAN SAY HER OWN NAME!  and she knows when to use it too!

I could go on and on!  Emmy is such a delight!  I am so blessed I am able to be a stay-at-home mom and spend so much time with my little buddy. 

(couldn't resist taking this photo the other night.  it kills me how attached she is to that puppy!)

I LOVE YOU EMMY!  

6 comments:

Rachel said...

That photo of her with her puppy is adorable. Reminds me of Jack and his monkey. What a cute baby girl you have! Can't wait to see the next one! :)

utahmigs said...

Isn't it just so bitter sweet of how fast they grow. I love Clark's little personality and how many new things he learns everyday, but I hate to see him grow up! I guess we will just have to keep having babies so we can have the best of both worlds!:) Emmy is so adorable. We need to see you guys soon!

Denise said...

She is such a cutie. I love how fast they pick up on the littlest things. I'm sure she'll be such a great helper when #2 comes along. Check your photo blog's comments-I really want you to take our pics. Let me know if that works.

NA said...

So precious! It sounds like she is just a delightful little person to have around. :) Very lucky little family.

Jaci said...

She is so stinkin' cute! I love that she carries around a step stool. She is so tiny! Crazy how Ladd and I have a tall boy and you and Brian have a shorty girl. Something is wrong here. :)

That little puppy in her arms is adorable. I'd be sad not getting to rock her anymore too!

Happy 18 months little Emmy!

The DeVito's said...

She's so cute! It's funny, Bella has a puppy she carries everywhere and his name is Boppy too.