November 02, 2010

Halloween

Well we survived Halloween.  Emmy and I carved our pumpkins Saturday while Brian helped with a neighborhood tree planting "activity."  Emmy was actually really good at pulling out the seeds as long as they were on a spoon and not on her hand.

The tree planting took a lot longer than planned so it shortened our evening of trick-or-treating a bit.  We did a few quick visits to the grandparents and great-grandparents to show off our cute little puppy.  She say's "woof, woof," super good!


Since it was a tad cold and rainy we didn't get any trick-or-treating done around our neighborhood.  We DID however, make one important visit...our neighbors set up a big tent in their driveway each year and serve up chili, hotdogs and hot chocolate.  OF COURSE we made it over there! 

I don't think Emmy missed out on the whole trick-or-treating bit though.  She LOVED giving candy out to the kids when they came to the door.  She'd carry around the bowl or just a piece and wait.  When I told her she had to wait for the kids to knock, she went over to the door and knocked herself! 

I was a little disapointed in the number of trick-or-treater's this year.  I don't know about you but I feel like there's too much trunk-or-treat and not enough trick-or-treat.  Wasn't the funnest part of Halloween walking around and knocking on doors with your friends and saying hi to neighbors?  What happened to those good ole days? 

Anyway, and since Sunday was officially Halloween Emmy and I wore our orange and black to recognize the holiday.  

All together, we had a really great Halloween and hope you did too. 

P.S.  My costume fell through.  No dressing up this year, bummer.  I've already put my thinking cap on for next year though! 


3 comments:

NA said...

These are really cute pictures! But I totally agree with you, too much trunk-or-treating and not enough kiddos running around the neighborhood! I only had 6 kids show up this year. Sad day.

Annie said...

Ditto on the trunk-or-treat/trick-or-treat thing! Trunk-or-treat equals LAME. (Sorry all you trunk-or-treaters, but it's true).

Kylene said...

Such a cutie. I love the last pic. Her skirt is darling!