While Brian has been busy at work and with his church calling, Emmy and I have been busy at home decorating!
I told Emmy we were going to put lights on the tree so she got her boots on and put her hat on. I guess she figured since I said tree, we'd be going outside. What a little smartie (and yes, she puts those little boots on by herself...on the right feet! She's been wearing them around the house a lot lately).
We turned on the Christmas tunes and got out all the decorations and had a blast! Emmy especially like pulling things out of the boxes.
Emmy didn't hang too many ornaments but she did put some syran wrap on the tree - which I kept on of course - and this little elf. She kept calling it "baby" and tried to give it her binkie. So cute.
The ornaments on our tree hold a lot of special memories and make decorating a little emotional. This year (be it the pregnancy or just the sentiments) more tears came than usual. These little ornaments were my grama's. Throughout the year they are housed in a little box with her handwriting on them that says, "small wooden ornaments. Sandy's tree." The room in our house that is now Emmy's was the "pink room" when my gram and gramp lived here. It was my mom's room then a playroom for the kids. It had a special little tree in it each Christmas that I got to decorate. These ornaments are dear to my heart and I love the uniqueness of them. I loved pulling them out of the box with Emmy this year and watching her ooooh and awww at them and get excited about them with me. With these older ornaments, we have a few newer ones on our tree as well. I think I've mentioned the tradition my mom started for us kids of an ornament a year. Last year Emmy got her "first Christmas" ornament and this year we added a bear from Montana to remember the LONG trip we went on this summer. I'm excited to continue the tradition with all of our kids.
Anyway, our house is now officially ready for Christmas! Each morning I wait till Emmy wakes up before I plug in the lights on the mantel and tree. Actually, I just like to hear her say "light" and point then watch her wait in anticipation for the lights to turn on. It's already like Christmas morning each day!


2 comments:
Your house always feels so cheery Sandy! what a darling little helper you have as well. Emmy is adorable with the binkie for the elf and the saran wrap. :) You are a great mommy!
Will you please come decorate my house next? I seem to be lacking that gene. ;)
Post a Comment