January 19, 2011

organizing

It's January 19th and I have only taken 6 pictures...that's right 6 pictures this year thus far!  I can't believe it!  Well, maybe I can.  I have been cleaning and organizing like a mad woman lately and Emmy has been such a great little helper.  I start one project only to have it lead to another.  I've organized my hall closet, medicine cabinet, Emmy's closet, the baby's closet, the coat closet, my junk drawer (funny that there's such a thing...if it junk, why not just throw it away right?), my jewery drawer/box, the cupboard that holds all my tupperware and I know I will continue to organize and clean my little heart out until this sweet little baby girl gets here.  Nesting?  I'd say YES.

We finally got some of the furniture ready in the baby's room and it feels so good to have that checked off the list.  Brian actually put up the crib the other night without me even asking!  I'll admit it's a bit overwhelming seeing it up, especially when I stand in my room and can see into both Emmy's room and the baby's room and spot 2 cribs.  WOW!  Am I really ready for this? 

Emmy may not know exactly what changes are in store for our household but she's well aware that a baby will be going "nigh-nigh" in the crib and that the blanket I'm making is for a baby.  She helped me put some things in drawers the other day and she's catching on that the items in the room next hers are for "the baby."  I'm actually getting more excited than nervous about how she'll handle having to share the attention.  I think she'll be a wonderful big sister (for the most part). 

So, what's a post without a few photos?  Here's a little sneak peek at my quilt for the babe.  The top is done now I just need to take it to the quilter then bind it.  I really like how it turned out.  Funny, I went in to pick fabric and thought I'd do something different and more modern but I just can't say no to the fun country/vintage patterns.   Oh and if you're thinking you might want to make one of these...it's a super easy pattern!  Seriously, if I can do it I know you can.  Here's the link - quilt.


And of course I had to throw in a few photos of Emmy...
I love how she backs right in and sits between Gunner's front paws.  Sometimes she'll even park there with a book.  It's adorable and Gunner is a good sport.


We were getting ready to run some errands the other day and Emmy wouldn't leave without her "hatty" and her "eyes."  She cracks me up.  When it's bright out, she has to have her "eyes." 

P.S.  I went to the doc today and he said I measure about a week ahead!  Could this baby really be here next month?  He didn't change my due date but called me 35 weeks.  I was 2 weeks over with Emmy and I don't remember complaining about any uncomforts, but this pregnancy is different.  I'm feeling some pains and uncomforts.  I think my body would be okay with this baby coming early but I'm still undecided.

2 comments:

Suzette Willmore said...

i will never forget seeing 3 cribs in our house and remembering every time i saw them, that they were for our 3 babies!

NA said...

Oh that is the cutest thing I've seen with Emmy sitting between the dogs legs. :) Seriously got a good laugh at that one! It's getting so close! And you measure 35 weeks! That's exciting. Seeing the crib makes it so real in a weird way...but you are a great mom, so even if she comes early I think you guys will do great!