February 11, 2011

as of late

Really I've just been busy cleaning and organizing and spending time with Em before the new little one gets here.  Our next doc visit is Tuesday, then the following Thursday (the 24th).  If all goes well at the Thursday one, the doc said he would induce me that weekend if I wanted.  Sounds good to me.  I'm not sleeping much and am still getting random pains so I figure, why not.  My only hesitation is my in-laws will be out of town that weekend.  I guess we'll see what happens. 

It's been nice seeing the sunshine lately!  It's warming up a bit too and I love it.  We can actually go outside and not freeze!  I've had a few photo shoots the last week and it feels good to get back into it.  You can see some sneak-peaks here if you want.  I'm excited to have another little babe around the house to photograph too!

Emmy's growing each day and she continually amazes me.  She is learning all sorts of new skills and new words.  She's still a great little cleaning helper and that's been nice!  I took this photo of her last Sunday before church.  Where did my baby go?  It's the pig tails huh!  I have to stop letting her wear them! 
 
Brian's been super busy lately.  He's busy with work, Young Men, The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation committee, antler shed hunting, being a dad and last, he FINALLY got a mountain lion (he's been hunting that for awhile now).  Now he says he can concentrate on the antler hunting (funny how there seems to be something to "hunt" at ALL times of the year.  My doc and Brian have this in common so when Brian comes along, I know my appt will be a long one because they share stories).

Besides "trying" to be crafty and creative and decorate the baby's nursery, I recently took on a little project for a friend of mine.  She has an etsy shop for darling crocheted hats and asked me to take some photos of her creations for the website.  I would have LOVED to have some sort of open casting call on a Saturday afternoon and have people bring their children and babies to modeling these darling hats, but time just wasn't going to allow it.  So, I just took some pictures in my kitchen.  Emmy's favorite hat was the monkey!


Yup, I think I'll be placing an order for one (or two) of these cuties. 

Look at all the fun one's she makes!  I think the fruit ones are priceless and I'm totally digging the owl and Aggie.  Yup, she makes them in all sizes.  You can check out all her stuff here.  I've wanted to learn this fabulous skill of crocheting for a long time, in fact I've tried, but my fingers just don't have the coordination.  I'll stick to buying!


So that's it for now.  We're all just trucking along and keeping busy while the countdown to baby #2 continues! 

2 comments:

NA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NA said...

Sandy! That is so crazy that you might be induced Thursday! I had my Dr. appt today and they said they are going to break my membranes the 24th! So crazy how close it already is! :) So excited for you and your new little addition to your family! Good luck in these coming weeks.