Some say that your first and your third kids are the hardest or invite the biggest amount of change in your life. They say the second isn't so hard because you still have 2 hands (one for each child) and after 3, you should have it down.
Personally, one was an adjustment for me and so is two. Just because I have 2 hands doesn't mean both are always readily available. I had forgotten how time consuming the newborn stage was. When there's only one, that's just what you do...dedicate your time to that one child and occasionally clean the house or get a few minutes of your favorite soap in while the one is sleeping.
Now with two, I'm trying to figure out how to give Bailey all the attention she requires and make sure Emmy gets mommy time as well. Rarely do the two sleep at the same time so there isn't a lot time for cleaning or even me catching a few zzzz's. Emmy likes to be held when I hold Bailey and she "NEEDS" a drink or her stool or a snack each time I sit down to feed Bailey it seems.
I'm still trying to figure out why people say two isn't a real big change from one.
Then there's moments like these...
...when Emmy just wants to hold or love Bailey and I can tell she is so proud to be a big sister. These are the moments I'll be cherishing. These are the moments when I forget how much sleep I didn't get the night before, how far behind I am on laundry or how many dishes are piled in my sink. These are the moments I sit down and just enjoy my girls and silently give a prayer of gratitude for my wonderful life!


3 comments:
These pics are SO precious! You can tell Emmy is so happy to be a big sister. :) So cute.
AMEN! I am still trying to figure out 2, also. My house is for sure not the same it used to be, but I just keep realizing how fast time goes and I will have plenty of time when I am old to keep a nice house. Unless, of course, if grandkids are half as fun as these little angels are. ;)
I had a really hard time going from 1 to 2. I remember one night after we had gotten both of our girls to sleep, Sean and I looked at each other and said, "what have we done?" But I have got to tell you that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I think it took me a good 6 months to get it down, but I did. And here I am about ready to go from 2 to 3. Good luck to both of us! :)
Post a Comment