March 08, 2011

the "b-chain"

Emmy loves things that are out of the ordinary.  If you want her to smile or laugh all you have to do is put a shoe on your head, hold a cup to your mouth with only your teeth...or put her binkie on one of the rings from Bailey's floor gym!

I did it once and now that's where she likes her binkies.  I call it her "b-chain."  At night we have her pick one for bed but come morning she wants that one put back with the rest. 

She walks around the house with this silly collection of binkies dangling from her mouth.  She'll take one out and switch every now and again - for a new flavor?

I thought we'd be done with the binkies by now, but I guess it's too much fun to carry them around like this.  Besides, I don't have the heart to take this comfort away from her right now with all the changes Bailey has brought into our life and routine. 
One day they'll be gone.  One by one they will disappear from the blue ring.

Until then, I get to smile and laugh at my little girl and her "b-chain!"

1 comment:

Denise said...

I love it...she is so adorable. Love the b-chain. (maybe you should market it-I'm sure it would be a hit with little ones everywhere).