May 30, 2011

"mr. wilson"

I love our neighborhood! I love our street! I love our friends!


We really have been blessed to have been able to purchase and live in my grandma's home for 5 years now. I'll brag any day about the family friendly street we live on, fabulous location, beautiful trees, all the well manicured lawns and especially the wonderful people that we are surrounded by.

Our neighbors to the north and south of us are friends of my grandparents. When we visit them, it never surprises me that they have some story to tell me about my grandparents, back in the days. I love hearing those crazy stories! I also love chatting with them because they say things like, "your grandma would be proud" or "your grandparents are watching over you." It's those words that really make my heart smile.

So, we have "adopted" grandparents on each side of us! We went to visit one of the couples the other day and I introduced them to Emmy as grama Ann and grampa John! Grama Ann calls me "sweetie" and reminds me how they are are stand in grandparents since mine are gone.

Both our "grandparent" neighbors take good care of us too. They provide us with fresh veggies and fruits from their garden and trees, pay us in chocolates when we help rake or shovel, feed our dogs treats through the fence and they love chatting whenever we are all out working on our yards.

Our backyards are pretty close in proximity and quite often when the girls and I go out to play, our sweet neighbor Al is out working in his garden across the fence. I snapped this photo the other day because it reminded me of "Mr. Wilson" on Home Improvement. We do get to see his face though :)


Anyway, I didn't think it was fair for this to be a blog about our life but not include some of the important people in our life (besides family) that we are surrounded by each day.


We sure love our neighbors!

1 comment:

The DeVito's said...

It's so nice to have great neighbors. We don't have any family around here but our next door neighbors have become Grandpa and Grandam to Isabella and Grayson.