September 12, 2011

go aggies!

We had a fun and busy weekend! 
Brian and I enjoyed an evening out without the kids and went to some of the homes on the Parade of Homes this year.  It was really exciting to go when we are actually looking for ideas.  Such beautiful homes!  This week we will hopefully have finalized plans so we can start having the house bid.  There's still a long road ahead of us and if we continue on the same path, there's bound to be more up's and down's and curves along the way.  It should be quite an adventure.

Saturday I went to a few home on the Historic Parade of Homes with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law.  It was a different experience than the brand new ones I had just seen before.  It takes a very patient and creative person (with some money too) to live in and restore an old home.  We were able to go in one of the huge historic homes I've just dreamt about going in for years now...I hate to say it, but I was a tad disapointed.  What I imagine it would be like inside as I'd drive by was much more grand.  Oh well, still beautiful.

Saturday night Brian and I got to spend some quality time with Emmy and some of our friends from our old neighborhood.  It was the first home game and we were invited to do a little tailgating.  It was a lot of fun.  Great food, great fun and most of all great people.  It's nice to know that even though we don't live as close to our friends, we can still be close friends!



Emmy had a great time at the game!  She was cheering and dancing and eating snacks with the rest of us.  We stayed for about all of the game and hope to be able to go to a few more. 

No comments: