WARNING: This is going to be a long post! :)
I still can't believe we are in our house! It feels so good!
It took about 4 months to build our home but we were "homeless" for about 6 months. We will forever be in debt to Brian's parents for letting us invade their home for those 6 months.
Before I post inside photos, here's a little look back....
Yup, be bought a .50 acre lot with a LOT of overgrown trees, chicken coops, garbage, a huge shed and this beautiful trailer. After lots of work clearing the lot and hauling the trailer off, we were finally able to dig our hole and start building. We bought the lot in July, officially "broke ground" for our house in October, and moved in the last week of February.
Home Sweet Home
There are so many things I love about my house and I actually owe a lot of thanks to Pinterest for helping me build a house I love.
entry and family/dining
(minus a dining table)
my kitchen
Here are some of the details I love about my kitchen/dining area
MY VERY MOST FAVORITE part of my kitchen
the corner sink. i love windows!
Laundry/mudroom
Emmy likes watching her clothes get washed :)
Emmy's room
(well, a corner of it...needs some decorating)
Bailey's room
(another corner...needs decorating even more than Emmy's)
Master bedroom
Master bath
Emmy & Bailey's bathroom
(you guessed it, needs decor. wanted to show you my favorite part of this room though, the step stool. thank you pinterest)
Well, that's it for now. We finished a large family room downstairs too but I forgot to photograph it. It's the man cave/play room/computer & sewing room. I'm so glad we decided to finish it.
Our house is really starting to feel like our own. We've already put a few dings in the walls! Everyone is pretty well adjusted to the new environment. I actually think it was hardest on the dogs! We still have organizing to do and a lot of bare walls that I am excited to decorate, but I'm in no hurry. I want it all done but decided it's ok to take my time and personalize it.
So, for now I guess we'll just let the memory making begin!
















5 comments:
Yay!! Looks awesome!
Love it-so glad you have your home.
It is beautiful! I love it!
It's beautiful! So excited for you guys that you finally finished your house! Have fun decorating. :)
Ahh! I lost your blog address for a while but I'm so glad to have found you again! I LOVE your new house!!! Congrats!!!! Way to go on putting in those special touches that really make it yours! I LOVE your corner sink too! I can totally relate to how it is a wonderful thing! :) I hope to be back in your shoes one day! :) Love ya!
Post a Comment