July 31, 2012

Emmy's summer camp

I signed Emmy up for a kids camp about a month ago.  It's just 2 hours a day and only lasts a week.  I've been preparing her for it for the last week...

"Emmy, are you excited to go to your little school?"

"Emmy, you are going to have so much fun learning and playing and making new friends."

"Bailey and I are going to walk you there and let you play then we will pick you up later."

Yesterday was the first day...
She was so excited when we got there she didn't cry, she didn't hesitate, she didn't even say "bye."  And you know what, I didn't cry either.


I was just so excited FOR HER.  I was so proud of her and I was anxious to hear about her experiences when we went to pick her up.  Bailey on the other hand, didn't really like seeing Emmy leave.  She cried "Emmy, Emmy" as we walked home.  But since Emmy refuses to nap, the two hours of me and Bailey time has been nice and Bailey gets excited when I tell her we are going to go pick Emmy up.
 
Anyway, I remember when Emmy first walked into the nursery alone and didn't look back, now that was HARD!  For some reason this was different.  Like I said, I think I was just so excited for her to learn new things.


So, today was day two.  Today I at least got a "bye mom."  And when I came around the corner to pick her up, she RAN to me!  LOVED IT!  As we walked home she told me, "I made new friends mom," "We colored on a shirt,"  "I sang a song..."  It was such a fun conversation and I loved seeing the sparkle in her eyes as she talked.  She is only three so she has some time till kindergarten, but I can tell she loves learning and I hope I can take advantage of that flame that's burning inside her right now and teach her a little at home.  


1 comment:

Heather said...

I love this! I'll have to call her and ask her about it