Last weekend the girls and embarked on an adventure with my mom, dad and sis. Unfortunately Brian was unable to make this trip with us. I took notes and saved maps though so maybe we can go back...to SUN VALLEY.
Our family really likes finding places to stay using the vacation rental by owner websites. We've had great luck with them on several different trips. My mom found a cute apartment in Ketchum this time and it worked out perfect for us! 1400sq feet all to ourselves with multiple balconies to relax and enjoy the view from.
This place was in a great location and we were able to do get around by walking. We enjoyed going in all the fun shops, strolling the streets lined with beautiful flowers and stopping for the occasional photo.
We ate at some super yummy places too. It was pretty warm while we were there (ok, it was H-O-T) but I found if we ate on the restaurant patios my girls seemed to behave a bit better. I guess it's just something about being outside.
I learned that Sun Valley is it's own city within a city of sorts. It's a giant resort city located in Ketchum. My parents stayed there a few times long ago and took us on a few trips down memory lane while there. IT IS BEAUTIFUL! And can you say BIKES! It's the only way to get from A to B around there.
We took a ride on the gondola during our stay. I was actually a bit nervous Bailey wouldn't go. She saw and heard them and came running, "mama, mama." We all made it on though and had an enjoyable ride. Emmy was big enough to ride the ski lift rest of the way up the mountain with my mom, Holly and I. My dad and Bailey waited for us at the midpoint. What a nice dad/grandpa!
It was unusually hot in Ketchum while we were there so we looked for ways to stay cool. Of course we had ice cream, but Emmy's favorites were playing in the pool and playing at the splash pad.
(my little shoe thief in action...)
It was a short and sweet trip and as we always do, we made lots of memories and laughed a lot! Maybe next time Brian will be able to go and we can rent a few bikes?
















1 comment:
I have always wanted to go to Sun Valley! This trip looks like it was a blast. Everyone looks so genuinley HAPPY in these photos! Beautiful, creative photos Sandy!
Post a Comment