Isn't my four-year-old a doll! On her actual birthday she had "art school" so she took some treats to share with her friends and she was excited to tell me they sang Happy Birthday to her. 4 years old. WOW!
Emmy got two parties this year. We had a little cake and ice cream celebration with my family Wednesday night and did more celebrating with Brian's family on Sunday.
Emmy loved having people over to celebrate her birthday with. I think the day went by pretty slow for her.
When my brother and I were little, because we were close in age like my girls, my grandma used to give us each a gift on each others birthday. She never wanted the other one to feel left out. So, not only did Emmy get some fun things for her birthday, Bailey got some too!
Saturday, the girls and I and my mom and sisters attended the annual Health Days celebrations. It's tradition. The men have stopped going to the parade with us so we make it a girls day. The trend has been rain on Health Days but the last few years it's been plenty HOT! Good thing the girls got umbrellas for Emmy's birthday, they kept us nice and shaded during the parade!
Sunday was Mother's Day. It was a special day. I enjoyed the church program and reflecting on how blessed I am to be a mother and have such a wonderful mother. Still can't believe I am responsible for two (almost three) beautiful little spirits.
I thought this was funny, attempting to get one more photo of me and my girls on Mother's Day. Bailey squirming and Emmy singing. Love it.
We celebrated Emmy's birthday, her cousin Ryker's birthday, AND Mother's Day later Sunday evening at Brian's parents.
It's always fun when the whole group gets together.
And since it was such a nice day, we got to spend most of it outside! Everyone participated (well, most everyone) in a softball game and we all just enjoyed the sunshine together.
Emmy wanted a pink fish cake for her birthday. We saw something similar in a magazine and she decided that was the think for her. She helped me decorate and frost (or should I say undecorated and sneak frosting) from it. I think we did a good job!
Yup, it's been busy around here. We love it though. Pretty sure the girls are enjoying being outside more and doing different activities the valley has to offer. I know I am liking the great weather and getting "out."

















No comments:
Post a Comment