December 20, 2007

Christmas TrEaTs!


One day after work my darling friend Jaci and I got together to do a little treat making. Christmas time is the time of year for treats! We wanted all our friends and neighbors to think our treat was the best ever and crave it the next year. So we made a most delicious Chex mix and we dipped
pretzels!
This Chex mix is no ordinary mix either! I'm thankful Jaci shared it with me but I think it'll also be a bad recipe to have around because I'll want to make it all the time! It has Nutter Butters in it! Talk about heaven! And to top it off the mix is covered in white chocolate! My mouth is watering just writing about it!

Our pretzels turned out fabulous too! We dipped them in caramel then chocolate and made them all sorts of pretty! There were zebra pretzels, coconut pretzels, pretzels with red sprinkles, pretzels with red & green sprinkles...we had such a great time! We talked about going into the pretzel dipping business we had so much fun! Really I think what made our treats so delightful were our fun aprons! What a fun night we had! I hope this becomes a Christmas tradition! I think my friends and neighbors who got these treats hope so too! If you didn't get any this year...it's coming your way next year!

3 comments:

Jessica Kettle said...

sandy, thanks for checking out my blog- you're so cute! Your pretzels are so pretty, mine tasted good but were definitely not so cute. =) I think the key to keeping the caramel soft and pliable is how hot you allow it to get while boiling. Use a candy thermometer and don't let it get hotter than 235 degrees (or at least that was my recipe). I don't know- maybe you already did that. Let me know if you want our recipe, it was pretty easy and yummy!
jesslkettle@yahoo.com

M and M said...

Sandy!

Jaci shared some of those yummy treats with us and they were AMAZING! I love checking your blog to see what you are up to... looks like you guys have so much fun!

Mindee (Brown) Taylor

JO said...

your blog is so cute. Curtis and I like to look at it. Looks like you made some yummy treats with my sister. She just loves you, she tells me you are such a good friend to her. you should post the recipe for those treats on your blog, I would love it! I sure love food and yummy new recipes.