December 20, 2007

Suzie Homemaker


So, I'm trying to be more "crafty" these days. When I turned 21 ( i think it was 21) my mom gave me the choice of getting a sewing machine or a bike for my big day. I chose the sewing machine! I think I have got it out 5 times in the last 6 years (ok, i totally just dated myself there) and on several occasions have thought to myself, "Why didn't I get the bike?" Well, I decided it was time to put the thing to good use and learn how to sew. I started with a few pillow for my couch and then moved on to a quilt! A darling woman in my mom's neighborhood offered to share her quilting talent with me and I'm having so much fun learning! With the holidays it's been hard to work on my projects but hopefully the new year will bring me some time and I can finish up! Brian and I need some warm blankets around the house so I'm excited for them to be done so we can snuggle up! I'll post some pictures of the final products when I'm done! I know how anxious you all are right now! :)

No comments: