I've had these pictures on my computer for some time now, just waiting for blogger to let me post. It hasn't liked my pictures for some reason. Anyway, last month I went with my good friend Jes to Washington, D.C. and we had a really great time. She was there for work but made PLENTY of time for fun!
A few of the days we would meet up during Jes' lunch or inbetween her session but we did have ONE FULL DAY to explore and we sure made the most of it! I don't know how many miles we covered but we walked and walked and walked! We were able to see so many monumnets and places, it was really moving. One of my favorite monuments is the WW2 monument. It was so beautiful and so powerful. I loved that it had water too!

We tried to arrange a tour of the White House while we were there but unfortunately weren't able to do that. We did, however, get to tour the capitol! I noticed while in D.C. there is so much symbolism to everything, as well as history. I loved learning! Here we are with our headseats (below) enjoying our tour of our nations capitol!
We flew in on a Tuesday night and left on Saturday morning and still didn't get to see half of all we could! We were able to check off most of the things we wanted to see though such as Arlington Cemetary, most of the monuments, some of the Smithsonian Museums...and we even took the Metro one night to Colonial Alexandria for a Ghost Tour! That was a fun place to be! There were so many shops and neat places to eat! Like I said, we didn't even see half of the area! Guess we'll have to go back! Next time I'll bring more bandaids for blisters though!
1 comment:
Did you where your uncomfortable shoes again??? Didn't you learn from the blisters we got all those years ago in California? :) Love you and congratulations on your exciting news!
Post a Comment